Competencies Expected of Products Of The Programme
The competencies of a nurse who is a graduate of this Degree program in nursing include the ability to:
- Utilize Nursing process in the care of individual, family, and community
- Adopt appropriate Nursing care delivery model in any setting.
- Asses client/patient through history taking, physical assessment and review of relevant records and make the appropriate diagnosis,
- plan individual, family and community nursing intervention
- Assume responsibility for delivery of dependent, independent and interdependence nursing activities in any setting
- Evaluate nursing care to ascertain the effectiveness of nursing actions rendered to the individual, family, and community, based on objectives set.
- Develop strategies for health promotion and maintenance in families and communities.
- Apply relevant principles and theories of administration and management in the delivery of health care services at various levels.
- Develop proficiency in assessing, diagnosing, preserving, dispensing and executing appropriate specialized nursing care measure in any health problem situation.
- Provide rehabilitative services to individuals, families and adapt to changing conditions.
- Provide leadership in nursing and. Health care delivery in their relevant specialties
- Provide leadership roles in budgeting, managing and auditing human and materials resources available for health care delivery.
- Develop proficiency in interpreting special diagnostic reports to enhance management.
- Function as an effective nurse clinician in the relevant area, establish and maintain referral system.
- Initiate, collaborate and conduct research to improved nursing practice and develop new techniques to meet the health needs of the people.
- Develop self-care modules and partnership as they function as caregivers.